But on the other hand a single person can make 40 grand a year and live an awesome life full of adventure and Snoopy and Woodstocks my job is top secret even I don’t know what I’m doing shirt. You can rent a small apartment or better yet move to a small community or beach and buy a cheap house and renovate it while you have fun doing things you can’t do with a spouse and kids. 50% of marriages fail in the USA and half of the ones that don’t have miserable people in them. That means you have a 25% chance of being happy with your choice and 75% chance of regretting it. If you don’t feel like the risk is worth it hop in a car and find a nice small town near things you like to do and get a simple job and stop worrying about all the crap that comes with being married.